Wednesday, September 26, 2007



Year of Completion

Lanier told me that 2007 had been called "The Year of Completion." I don't think I'd heard that. I can see the reasoning: the number 7 meaning "perfection" and also "complete." He found it interesting that we're getting married at the end of this year, this "year of completion."

Anyway, all we're doing right now is a whole lot of waiting! Waiting for a possible job change (his, not mine!), waiting to see where we'll live, waiting for the wedding, waiting for the trip to Spain and Morocco in February, waiting to see what church we'll attend as a family.

A lot of waiting.

And a lot of praying. Faith-filled praying! Happy praying. Not being anxious for anything. I keep reading Madeleine L'Engle books to Hannah and mowing the lawn and picking dead blooms off my impatiens. And I'm getting into a routine of exercising with my good friend, Cheri! We biked last Sunday for about 5 miles, which isn't much, until one considers the HILLS we dealt with. Good lord! I was toast. And we play tennis, which is great fun.

This weekend is Lanier's birthday! His folks are out of town, traveling thru the southeastern U.S., but Bess and Jake are here and we plan to celebrate with them and some friends.

I've done 2 Farsi lessons and am really trying to learn some verbs. I repeated the conjugation last night and numbers 1-10 while Hannah did homework. I've perfected telling her "go to sleep!"

"Bekhab!" (the "kh" should be treated as a throat-clearing noise)

Useful little phrases like that make it easier to learn. I don't know when I'll return to Turkey since the Baldersons moved to CO but I felt I should keep up the Persian in preparation.

That's all for now. Until the next time!

Khoda hafez,
Rachael

No comments:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP