Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HEARTS AWAY

Last year I made a goal (somewhat late in the year, I might add) of doing six paintings. Well, I did three. The fourth just never got off the ground and then it's the holidays, blah blah blah, I didn't make the goal.

This year, I reasoned that six was not too great a challenge. I never make resolutions but I DID make a decision to write in my journal way more frequently. I'm doing pretty well so far.

As far as art is concerned, I began drawing yesterday. Not even really drawing, more like doodling. Bess called me and said, "What are you doing?" and I answered, "I'm coloring." Like a little kid.

I saw somewhere online someone doing a series of drawings of hearts called "A heArt A Day" and it inspired me to do my own series. I got out my $20 "professional artist markers" that Sophia is not allowed to touch (and Hannah very grudgingly) and my big drawing pad and started drawing little 2x2 inch squares with hearts in them. After a while I felt I could do a bigger project so I got out a clean sheet of paper and drew a grid of 3x3 inch squares. Let's see there are about 5 squares across and 8 squares up and down? It's a big sheet of paper. Anyway. I drew 7 squares last night and quit after my finger started aching from the pressure of the marker. Hannah really likes it because she knows she gets to frame it and put it in her room when it's finished.


I decided to make these into other things like cards or whatever. I'll photo them after I'm done and print out as needed.

1 comment:

Three Walters said...

Cool idea Rachael! Makes me want to draw/color too...

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP