Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Alice In Wonderland

Howdy! I got a panicked call last Friday from a stage mom who got put in charge of the set (designing and creating) for an all children's cast of "Alice In Wonderland." I've worked on sets for "Cinderella" and "Sleeping Beauty" before but this one was a little different in interpretation.

They wanted big butterflies suspended from the ceiling so I did some sketches. Oh yeah--the director went the "psychedelic" route instead of the usual Disney look.


Hannah took this photo of me working in our garage. The show opens Friday night. Yikes!!


The beginning stage: Hannah helped me outline them all in white so they'll glow under black lights.


The finished product: they were easier to do than I anticipated. Texas heat really helps; they dried in no time flat.






So here they are in all their glory! Or, in my garage anyway. I'll try to get a photo of "Alice's" house; I painted that, too. Break a leg, guys!

No comments:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP