Monday, March 26, 2007

LinkHi again,
Here's a fun thing I put together Friday and today (Monday) in about 3 hours' time. I'd slaved all week on the new WIM display (see previous post) and had an hour left at work on Friday afternoon. What to do? Nothing to read, no email to check, nothing.

Suddenly this idea dropped into my head: Advertising for the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22) in a fun, Old Navy--style way. If you've seen a t-shirt from Old Navy, you know what I mean. I'd gotten some cool fonts from Font Diner, and Googled some fruit photos, and voila! The finished product. I got the wood texture from Mayang.

I'm tickled over the whole thing; definitely was a divine inspiration and I'm not sure what to do with it now, except print a few for myself and friends, maybe. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, too.

We had a great weekend: Friday night Hannah and I went to Grace and Julie's for Texas Hold 'Em. Girl poker! Gotta love it. What is "girl poker?" Instead of beer and cigars, we had milk and cookies (macadamia nut) and when Courtney ran out of chips, Julie just popped open the case and gave her some more. Hannah was winning for a long time but then I smote them all.

Saturday Lanier and Hannah and I went to Zach and Cheri's for pizza and Scattagories. We tried playing Trivia Pursuit but none of us knew any of the answers. We gave up after 15 minutes.Link

Sunday after church we played tennis!! My legs are still sore from all the running around. Lanier worked with Hannah for about 30 minutes, while Grace and I had a semi-decent game, then she played him while Hannah and I acted like the little kids you see dart across the court, snatching dead balls during real tennis matches. It was fun. Oh and I DID make those calzones. (Whole-wheat flour worked great, Mom, they were perfect.)

We're listening to a new CD--if you're interested in some good music, check out Jason Morant. He's pretty awesome!

Have a great week,
Rachael

No comments:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP